KPTS is an equal opportunity employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin/ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. You have the right to notify the appropriate local, state or federal agency if you believe you have been a victim of discrimination. Click here to view KPTS EEO Report.
Submit cover letter, resume, links to portfolio or demo reel, references and salary history to KPTS, 320 W. 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67203 or fax to 316-838-8586, or email to email@example.com
Position: Broadcast Operations Assistant
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week
Posting Dates: October 19, accepting applications through October 31, 2016
Position is to assist with traffic operations and is responsible for day-to-day operation of Master Control to provide a quality broadcast in pursuit of the station mission.
If you want to work with a team of people who are inspired to serve our community and clients, consider applying for this position! We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly self-motivated computer operator who can work in a detailed environment and seeks to pursue excellence.
This is a full-time, non-union position.
A person who can maintain a high quality, on time, smooth and professional on-air look utilizing software products to manage and control file storage and transfer and server systems for playout and recording. Monitor broadcast operations, seek to correct errors and inconsistencies and accurately maintain appropriate records. Package promotional materials for broadcast.
What you need:
Ability to work some weekends/evenings is essential
Ability to follow procedures
Ability to seek solutions to unforeseen events as they unfold
Excellent communication skills
Excellent PC skills
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Experience/education in related field preferred
Position: Multi-media sales specialist
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week
Posting Dates: October 20, 2016 Accepting applications until position is filled.
Securing corporate support for KPTS programming on-air, on-line and social media relative to annual goals, growth and retention.
If you want to work with an energetic team of forward thinking, innovative people who are inspired to serve our community and clients, consider applying for this position! We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly self-motivated multi-media account executive to secure corporate support underwriting on-air and advertising on our multiple platforms of digital programming and content on-line, social media and our exclusive one-of-a-kind community APP. We are building a successful, entrepreneurial media powerhouse and only creative people who strive to build media partnerships with local businesses and advertising agencies need apply.
If you’re looking to expand your passion and drive for success, with a company that’s paving new roads in the world of communications, WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
This is a full-time, non-union, exempt position.
A multi-media AE who:
- Is responsible for generating revenue for the station and meeting monthly goals
- Can prospect customers and lead generation
- Can meet with customers, assess their needs and provide customized solutions that produce results
- Can provide aggregated proposals to include broadcast, on-line and mobile platforms
- Can sell station promotions
- Develops and implements strategies for cultivating new corporate support revenue as well as maintaining existing clients
- Develops and implements client follow up activity, including contract oversight, credit scheduling and spot fulfillment
- Creates, reviews and submits worksheets and agreements to assure timely and accurate spot placement
- Oversees and schedules production resources for spot creation, if required
- Creates and submits corporate support information for the KPTS website
- Creates presentation pieces relative to specific programs and clients
- Understands, interprets and adheres to the underwriting regulations relative to the FCC, PBS and KPTS in regards to creating messages for corporate supporters
- Will research and develop a "leads list" prepare proposals for presentations
- Will prepare and maintains appropriate files and reports as required by KPTS/PBS
- Understands and adheres to KPTS policies and procedures
- Attends required station meetings and functions and serves on committees as assigned
- May be assigned other responsibilities and duties
What you need:
- A minimum 1 year of media sales experience
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing
- Proven track record of new business development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as Computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word etc
- The ability to overcome objections
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
Apply now by sending your cover letter, resume and references to:
Phil Richardson/Major gifts Development Manager
No phone calls please
KPTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, natural origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
KPTS is community-licensed and affiliated with Public Broadcast System (PBS) and operates as a non-profit public media entity.