UNDERWRITING AND SPONSORS
Our corporate sponsors help ensure quality programs and local productions on PBS KANSAS. Please show your appreciation by supporting our sponsors and be sure to tell them "Thank You" for making your favorite programs possible.
- Exclusive Support: Up to 4 total businesses sponsoring a particular program, each business receives a :15 second message both before and after the program.
- General Support: a : 15 second message that airs between programming but not tied to a particular program.
PBS KANSAS makes a difference to both its viewers and the communities it serves. Your company can also make a difference by supporting your community through programming on Channel 8. PBS KANSAS is able to offer a wide variety of programming thanks, in part, to the generous financial support of the these companies and foundations. Consider joining these corporate sponsors by underwriting one of your favorite programs. It is an investment in your company and your community.
Please read the Benefits of Becoming a Corporate Sponsor. If you are interested, please contact Terri Brooks, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 316-838-3090 ext. 221 for information on the many benefits of corporate underwriting.
Benefits of Becoming a Corporate Sponsor
Less clutter: There is only 5:01 non-programming minutes per hour on PBS. Your brand stands out among your best potential customers and has greater impact. Compare this to:
- TV Networks - 15:12 minutes
- Cable Networks - 14:14 minutes
Becoming a Corporate Sponsor
- Builds brand trust and loyalty
- Increases visibility with highly desirable audience
- Enhances your credibility
- Helps with recruiting new staff
- Distinguishes you from your competitors
- Influences purchase intent
Types of Underwriting Sponsorship
- Program Exclusive - up to 4 total businesses sponsoring a particular program, each business receives a :15 second message both before and after the program.
- General Support Announcements - a :15 second message that airs between programming but not tied to a particular program.
What Sets Us Apart
- Flexibility in airing programs
- Our signal is free over the air, households don't need to subscribe to receive PBS KANSAS Channel 8
- Locally owned and operated/viewer support (Community licensed)
- Are Affluent, Are Active Investors, Are Educated, Are Influential and Are Leaders
- 73% can recall corporate sponsors
- 60% are inclined to purchase products from a sponsor
- 10% more likely than the average US citizen to hold post graduate degrees
- 17% more likely than the average US citizen to own a home valued at $500,000+
- 30% more likely than the average US citizen to own a vacation home
- 45% more likely than the average US citizen to own $150,000 in stocks
- 53% more likely than the average US citizen to have been a published writer
- 55% more likely than the average US citizen to have taken an active part in a local civic issue.
Viewing Among Cable Households
- 82% of cable households that watch PBS DO NOT tune into A&E
- 80% of cable households that watch PBS DO NOT tune into CNN
- 85% of cable households that watch PBS DO NOT tune into The Discovery Channel
- 74% of cable households that watch PBS DO NOT tune into The History Channel
Carol A. Roberts
Edward and Karen Rabenseifner
Edward and Karen Rabenseifner
A - 1 Singer Sewing Center
Lewis H. Humphreys Charitable Trust
Bill's Sewing Center of Hutchinson
Bonavia Family Charitable Trust
Music Theatre Wichita
The Bug Lady
Orpheum Theater, Wichita
Chamber Music at the Barn
Scott Child’s Old Time Clock Shop
Christian Youth Theater Wichita
The Spice Merchant
Storm Defense Shelters
Trust Women's Foundation
F.H. Kaysing Company LLC
Wichita Grand Opera
Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
Wichita Public Library
Interstate All Battery Center
WIBA (Wichita Independent Business Association)
KMUW (Wichita's NPR Station)
Woosley Monument Company
Lattner Family Foundation