COCHENER-GARVEY CHILDREN'S EDUCATION & DISCOVERY CENTER
Located inside PBS Kansas Channel 8, 8710 E. 32nd Street North, Wichita, KS 67226
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Introducing the new Education Center t-shirts.
- Sign our Memory Board
- Record a video message.
- Take-home treats
- Special Opportunities listed below
- Plus, all kinds of fun for families at our Construction Corner, Makerspace, Engineering Station, Video Creation Station and more!
- 10:30 a.m. Studio Tours
- 11 a.m. Storytime with Storytime Village. Chartell Grissom of Storytime Village will read, “Let's go to Storytime Village.”
- 1-2:30 p.m. Animals & Artifacts with Great Plains Nature Center. Katlin Dunsing, Digital Media Lead Naturalist for Great Plains Nature Center, will introduce kids to several native animals and show off cool artifacts.
- 2:30 p.m. Studio Tours
- 3 p.m. Drone Demo (weather permitting)
Closed Wednesday, June 7, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Closed Tuesday, June 13, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Closed Friday, June 23, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Closed Friday, June 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Thanks for visiting our site! We’re glad you are interested in learning about the PBS Kansas Cochener-Garvey Children’s Education & Discovery Center. The Education Center focuses on STEAM-based learning (science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics) for children 2-10 years old and their families. Kids of all ages, however, have fun and benefit from visiting the center.
It is free and open weekdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and is located at 8710 E. 32nd St. N., Wichita, Kansas.
The Education Center incorporates trusted PBS KIDS educational content to encourage creativity, improve social & emotional skills, build critical thinking, boost curiosity and more! It features hands-on and interactive Discovery Stations, including:
Construction Corner – Rock discovery, construction toys and kinetic sand
Makerspace - Crafting area, beading table, 3D printer and VEX robot
Video Creation Station – Movie making
Engineering Station – Fort kits, blocks and Magna-Tiles
Weather Station – Kids can record a weather report
Reading & Media Center – Kids can take home a book each time they visit
Little Tiger’s Den – Quiet room with train table
We also offer studio tours, sharing information about broadcast technology and careers. And, field trips are welcome.
Please sign up for our e-newsletter to receive family fun ideas and to learn about special events in the Center. See you soon!