DID YOU KNOW THAT PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE NOW CAN HELP SECURE THE FUTURE OF YOUR FAMILY,
FRIENDS AND CAUSES IMPORTANT TO YOU FOREVER?
PLANNING FOR YOUR FUTURE IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Many people believe planning for the future is an expensive, long process, but often this assumption is just not true. Creating a plan is easy, you just need to decide what is important to you and make sure this is where your assets will go.
The reality is more like this…
- Many assets can be transferred outside of your will.
- If you do not create a plan, the state will create a plan for you and this may not match your goals.
- A well-written will doesn’t have to be long, sometimes it can be as short as just a few pages.
- Include PBS KANSAS (KPTS, Inc.) as one of your beneficiaries in your Will or Living Trust and part of your assets will come to the station upon your death.
WHEN YOU LEAVE A GIFT TO PBS KANSAS IN YOUR WILL OR LIVING TRUST
Charitable Bequests Can Come In Many Shapes and Sizes
- GIFTS OF BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION
º List PBS KANSAS (KPTS, Inc.) as a beneficiary in your will, on an insurance policy or even on a bank account.
- GIFTS FROM YOUR IRA
º If you are 72 years or older, the IRS rules require you to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) each year from your tax-differed retirement accounts. You can save taxes and give this money directly to your favorite nonprofit organization.
- GIFTS OF REAL ESTATE
º Avoid paying capital gains tax, and receive a tax-deductible income tax deduction.
º House, land, mineral rights and more.
- GIFTS OF STOCKS
º Avoid capital gains tax when you gift shares of stock (please note: gifts of stock vs. selling the stock to gift is worth 20 percent more to PBS KANSAS (KPTS, Inc.)).
- GIFTS OF TANGIBLE PROPERTY
º Jewelry, art, automobiles, an airplane, boats and more.
- GIFT OF A CHARITABLE ANNUITY
º Transfer of cash or property to PBS KANSAS (KPTS, Inc.) in exchange for a partial tax deduction and a lifetime stream of annual income.
Need Help Putting Your Plan Together?
To discuss planned giving options, please contact:
Terri Brooks, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 316-838-3090 ext 221.
Kansas Public Telecommunications Service, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization.
PBS KANSAS does not engage in or render financial, legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional advisors to determine which options may best suit your situation.